50 HR Yin/Restorative Yoga Teacher Training – Ottawa
These days much of what you see in the yoga classroom is yoga acrobatics and yoga workouts. The yang component is strong but the yin component of the yoga practice has been gaining ground for years. Although there is benefit to moving quickly through poses. Most of our lives are already so yang in nature, and not enough people have a restorative or yin aspect to their practice. With the practice of Yin Yoga is experiencing a dramatic increase in popularity. Both teachers and students alike are expressing a desire for more depth and knowledge about this contemplative, restorative and energizing style of yoga.
With the practice of Yin Yoga and Restorative Yoga sharing many common attributes we have combined them into one training. We have also added a Trigger Point therapy section that mixes in so well with both styles of yoga giving you all the tools necessary for a healing, reenergizing, and calming practice! Used alone these are 3 amazing tools, but used together they are even that much more powerful!
Mark has been teaching yoga for over a decade and has lead this material in many teacher trainings, workshops and has also presented at many international yoga conference including Toronto, Vancouver and Hong Kong. He continues to study and learn from trainings, workshops and working with some of the top experts from around the world, but most of all from his students and his own practice.
Who can benefit from this training:
- Yoga instructors Yoga instructors who would like to develop their teaching and add balance to their practice.
- Body workers – physiotherapist, RMTs, sports injury therapists, and other therapists wanting to equip their clients with an amazing tool for healing injuries
- All those who wish to develop or deepen their home practice, or their understanding what it really means to self-care.
This 50-hour program includes:
- An in-depth exploration of all the Yin Yoga postures, including their variations as well as their Restorative counterparts
- Teachings on how to work with props and adjust for all different body types, including working with special needs students (injury, pain, other physical predicaments) in a regular class
- How to incorporate Trigger Point techniques in your class or practice to give even better results
- Sequencing of a yin yoga and restorative yoga classes as well
- Meridian Theory as it relates to the yoga poses – New Section with special guest speaker!
- Advanced teaching skills to develop confidence
- In-depth section on anatomy of connective tissue and trigger points.
- Rare video footage of live connective tissue
- Yin as a healing concept to help deal with resistance and pain both on and off the mat
- Special needs and assists (injury, pain, other physical predicaments) in regular class
- How to Evolve your personal mat and meditation practice for your own growth and confidence
- The real benefits of Yin as a tool in teaching us how to let go of resistance
- Course manual and certificate included
Dates & Times & Location
- 36 contact hours in class
- 4 hours Live Online Interactive sessions (will be recorded if you are unable to attend)(1 session before and 2 sessions after the training)
- 10 hours at home learning
- Date: April 21-25
- Time: Thursday to Sunday from 9:30 to 6:30, Monday from 9:30 to 12:30
Location is in Ottawa’s downtown core and the address will be given upon registration
Investment of 895.00
Sign up before March 23, 2016 Get 100$ off making it 795.00
Sign up before Jan 23, 2016 Get 200$ off making it 695.00
**Super Early Bird is non-refundable. Should you wish to cancel you can use as credit for future services or course certain restrictions apply.
To learn more or to register for the 50 HR Yin Yoga/Restorative Teacher Training please contact Info@thenewyoga.com
No refunds with in 14 days prior to the start date of the course. Should you wish to cancel you can use as credit for future services or course certain restrictions apply.